What IS going on?

>> Friday, November 22, 2013

The last two weeks have been...weird. Very. We started last week with a Status seizure and trip to Primary Childrens.

At 6:00am, Taylor knocked on my bedroom door and said: Bug is crying.

This is disheartening for one reason: He almost NEVER cries.

Bug had that broken foot...didn't cry. He had a 1 inch sliver in his finger for at LEAST a week...didn't cry. Crying for Bug is very bad.

So, I got dressed and ran upstairs where I found my little prince curled up on his bed sobbing. I held him and caressed him and begged him to tell me what was wrong...point at something. He didn't. He doesn't understand. So I just held him and weighed my options. Then he seized.

It was a bad seizure. Very bad. And once it was over, about 2 minutes later, he cried again. He did this 4 times in about 40 minutes and at 6:45 I did something I haven't done in a VERY long time: I gave him Diastat. I gave him the Diastat and, while he was still crying and we were waiting for the Diastat to kick in, I checked his 02 level.

81

For those that don't know...anything 85 and below can cause death. Yes, it takes a while at this level but still, Bug has never been that low before. Ever. Never.

Luckily, Mom and Dad were here and they were able to stay with the other 3 while I took Bug immediately to the ER. I did not go to Primary Children's because I didn't have time. I needed to get his 02 level up. And he was resistent. They blamed the Diastat. I corrected that. Nope. Not the Diastat.

And he won a trip, in an ambulance, to Primary Children's.

We were there for 10 hours. He had a chest xray which was normal, he had an EEG which was HIS normal but did develop a fever. We gave him ibuprofen, his fever broke, he woke up and we went home.

Since then, in 10 days, we have only 2 confirmed seizures. What the hell you say? Yep. 2. Confirmed. Now, he could be having more but we haven't seen them.

He has been sick. Runny nose and cough kind of sick and that COULD be why. But for that long?

Waiting for the other shoe to drop with a great, big loud thud. But until then...what is going on?

He is happy, energetic...very energetic. He is eating well, albeit grossly, and he is giggling when we tickle him. So odd. Enjoyable, but not like him. I like it. Mostly. The food messes are not so great, but the personality is awesome!

So, again, we wait. And we wonder: What is going on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP