Typical...

>> Friday, August 2, 2013

Counting to 20 and breathing slowly before I pick up the phone.

Bug is supposed to have IVIG at Primary Children's Hospital. The always fabulous Meg, from Arkansas, has been trying to arrange it and this is the course of events:

Called PCMC and no one knew where to direct her.

Emailed me and I pointed her to the RTU after conversing with some other parents.

She called the RTU and they told her that Dr. Frye would have to call and talk to a Doctor there to oversee his treatment since Frye does not have admitting privileges in Utah.

Dr. Frye calls the RTU and the Charge Nurse tells him that she has no clue who could help. Or something to that effect.

I email PCMC and ask what we can do.

I am told: Dunno

I whine a little and my email is forwarded.

I send my email chain to Glenn and he agrees we should go back to Arkansas.

I cry.

In 200 seconds or so, I may be calm enough to call someone but to what end? This happens all the time with us! Why? Just why?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP