Um...eww and yet awww.

>> Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Poor Bug, poor ickie Bug.

Heck of a morning.

Here's the obligatory disclaimer:

THIS IS ABOUT FECES. DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE


Bug has been constipated for a little while. We gave him Miralax and it helped. A lot. He went 48 hours without a seizure once the Miralax worked, which was AWESOME. And then....

We thought that maybe it worked too well. He has been having runny diapers and seizing 5 times a day for the last 4 days. And then I got a call from his school nurse yesterday:

Glenn has diarrhea.

I explained that it might be an allergy but thank you for letting me know.

Boy, was I wrong. I changed a couple of water-like diapers last night, gave him some yogurt, held him through 4 seizures in an hour and prayed it would get better. It seemed to, for a few hours. He slept peacefully and quietly and then Taylor came downstairs at 6:20am.

What's up Tay? Everything OK?

Her response: I think Bug threw up.

I went upstairs and he was sitting in something alright. I touched his mouth; it was dry.

Uh oh.

I carried him out of the room and then he walked downstairs. Glenn cleaned him up while I cleaned up the bedsheets, and the blankets, one pillow and a stuffed dog. And then, I fully came online and the smell hit me. Dang. It was NOT vomit.

I went downstairs and Glenn said: I don't think it was vomit.

He washed Bug in the bath and I let him stay in the water (once he was clean) for a few minutes. Until he seized.

At that point, we got him out, wrapped him up and I took him into the family room and cuddled with him while he slept. One more seizure and the sun was up. I gave him his meds which made him he perk up but he is still staying home. Hopefully, the poop monster is gone.

1 comments:

Jennifer October 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM  

This kid can't catch a break lately... Ugh!

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP