Parenting

>> Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lately, Bug has been doing pretty well and so I have been ruminating on the last few years. I have come to one conclusion: people are dumb.

First:

The Doctors that did not listen and would not test Bug. They cost us AT LEAST 4 years. I started asking for these tests when we moved back to Utah. I was told they would not tell us anything we didn't already know. Uh huh. How's that working out now?

Second:

Parents with healthy, perfect children like to give useless advice to Special Needs Parents as if they are incapable of parenting. News flash: What we know about parenting would make your head spin off your neck. Because until you clean up puke, then poop, then more poop and then brush his teeth 3 times because of the poop, well until then, I will NOT respect what you have to say. In fact, I will find it downright insulting when you tell me that I just need to be consistent. Ya, I didn't think of that...oh wait...I tried for over a year to get him to eat with a spoon again, and just when he did, he had 6 grand mals and lost the ability. Don't tell me how to raise my child. You don't know the first, or second thing about it. Keep it to yourself.

Third:

If your child has an unknown rash and he ISN'T taking Lamictal, put some Benadryl on it and give it a day. Because YOU are making ME look like an over reactive Mother and they trust me less when I bring my kid in because I think he is in Status. Relax people. Learn what an emergency REALLY is.

And Last:

I know you mean well, or at least I hope you do, but don't tell me that you don't know how I do it. That implies that my child is so bad you can not believe I don't institutionalize him. That last part was little exaggerated, but only a little. Because really, you do know, you would do it to if you weren't so hung up on the lice. Oh and nothing spreads like lice in a Special Needs school, so, sorry, I can't even give you that. Just realize that even though it's not a competition, you are making us feel like it is. And the one thing we special needs Mom's will win is the muted gag reflex of the year.

People, really are dumb. Because they don't know what to say or how to act, so they just spit things out. All you have to do is realize that every day with my child is a blessing, he may be gone tomorrow and what you say may be the last thing I remember you saying about him before he left. Do you want that to be the memory?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP