One evening down

>> Friday, May 25, 2012

After Bugs first Leucovorin he slept. And slept. Made me look it up is what he did. Sure enough, it can cause sleepiness but not usually. That's my boy. Not usual.

So I sat by him all evening, periodically checking his O2 and kissing him to see if he would wake up. No luck. He was OUT. For 5 and a half hours. When he did wake up, he wouldn't eat. We gave him his nightly meds and an hour later he was back asleep.

It made me nervous that he would not tolerate it well and we would have to change medication. Especially since he slept all night. I should know, I was up at 12, 2, 4, and 6.

2 doses down.

In the morning, he had one small seizure and I held my breath that he wouldn't go back to sleep. He didn't. 2 hours later he was at school and we danced. He actually smiled the entire time. Haven't seen that in a while and I was encouraged.

Here's to a seizure free day!

2 comments:

Jennifer May 26, 2012 at 6:06 AM  

I'm hoping for you my dear friend!

Nett June 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM  

Thanks JJ. Gonna be a long year. :)

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP