Tonic/Clonic from hell

>> Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bug had the worst seizure he has had in awhile a few days ago. It lasted a minute and was FULL T/C. He turned blue and ruptured a few blood vessels in his cheeks. It sucked. A Lot. It sucked a lot. It took him a half hour to recover and then was smiling and seemingly fine.

About an hour later, he wanted to sleep. And he did. For a long time, off and on. I was worried and I had good reason, by 8pm that night he had a 100.4 fever. Enter Ibuprofen.

In our family, only Ibuprofen works to get rid of fever. Tylenol is a joke. Doctor's freak a little when you give Ibuprofen to a child under 6 months but when the fever hits 104 and the second round of Tylenol hasn't worked...what other assumption is there to make? So, we gave him the Ibuprofen and within and hour, he was up and playing. 30 minutes later he was asleep again.

So, I thought, he is in the middle of an ear infection. I waited for the fever the next morning, but it wasn't there. I kept him home and expected a lethargic Bug to be rubbing his head, but it didn't happen. Aside from a minor seizure, he was fine. And no fever that night.

I blog this not because the seizure was so horrible, he was getting sick... we think...so the seizure was expected. No, I blog because he DIDN'T actually get sick. No one in the house had a fever, no one was worse than a head cold. So what the hell was that? I've written it down for future reference. Should it happen again, I have a log of it.

Argh.

1 comments:

Aud Fairy January 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

Nett, I am sorry that you have to see him go through that, and I am sorry that he has to go through that. Though, you have said it yourself, Bug is an amazing little guy and he is damn, yes, damn lucky to have a momma like you. I am glad that you take proactive measures to make sure that he, and your other children are getting the physical, mental, and emotional attention they need. I don't know what else to say to bring comfort to you. I can only say *hugs* so many times, it's only virtual. The most I can offer you right now is an ear or a set of arms. The ear will listen to you, listen to your struggles. The arms will wrap around you, and your lovely family to let you know that I care and I empathize. Love ya sis.

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP