Fax U

>> Friday, July 9, 2010

Why can't it be easy to get medical records? I must qualify, when I went to Henry Mayo Hospital in Santa Clarita and asked for Bug's records they smiled, and said: Have a seat. And 35 minutes later I had a CD with EVERYTHING on it. Wow.

So I did the same thing to UCLA and to EVERY Neurologist he has had and I got: K, we will copy them, for 40 bucks, and you'll have them in 6 to 8 weeks. That's confusing, I didn't think I was ordering the Fushigi. Huh.

And I am back at it again. No matter really since I need them anyway, but OMG, why does it have to be such a PITA?

We are attempting to get an appointment at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Arizona and they need his records FIRST. So, I am getting them and then I am getting him an appointment. But first I have to either download, or be emailed the records release form. THIS is where it's a PITA...the form is NOT easy to find online and when I left a message two hours ago to have it emailed...well let's just say I used my search engine prowess and found it myself. Thanks for the...ya. So I have to fill it out, fax it to the PCMC and then they will fax it to The Barrow. Mmm...K. That's a bit of faxing.

He is refusing to eat and just looks different. He wouldn't go to sleep last night, at least not easily, so maybe he is tired. Only 7 hours of sleep is unusual for him now. I feel like we are back in the days of Bug at 4 years old. I hope not.

2 comments:

Holly July 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

Our previous dr tried to make us pay $25 for each record. How ridiculous is that??? My niece was his nurse and got them for me. ;p
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this. ((HUGS))

Nett July 16, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Thanks Holly..I will get them ...OH I WILL! AND I have to go to UofU today so maybe I will stop by the records department and hand deliver it! Can't ignore that, can they?

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP