Holly - Bug's Angel

>> Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A very dear, long-time (only about 30 years) friend of mine posted a Blog Entry about my beautiful boy. I can not express how profound of an impact it had on me.

For the longest time I have felt so alone, that this battle was strictly between me and the powers that be. That isolation is mostly self-imposed I imagine, and I question the validity of it at all after reading what Holly wrote. Other's are also reading what Holly wrote and are realizing that they are not isolated as well. I have great friends who have always offered words of encouragement. We have unofficially 'adopted' new family because of what Bug is going through. And for that I am unimaginably grateful and extremely blessed.

It amazes me that Holly is thinking of my boy with everything else she has going on in her life, but that is what makes any person truly amazing isn't it? Being able to walk in someone else's shoes and support them without thought for yourself. That's Holly!

So I continue to fight the good fight and break through the barriers that exist for people living with Epilepsy, the first being: It is NOT who you are, it was what you live with.

Thanks Holly, I adore you more than you can ever know!

A wonderful read from a wonderful woman:
This is for YOU, BUG!! Connor Doran auditioning for AGT

3 comments:

chubskulit June 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Hi there, following your Facebook/networked blogs from FMBT, hope you can return the love back. Oh you may join the giveaway if you have time.

Holly June 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

*sniff* Now you made ME CRY!!
Honestly, it was the LEAST I could do! When I saw that clip, my mind instantly thought of you, Bug, and your family... ALL that you deal with day in and day out! YOU are AMAZING!!

I keep you in my prayers... especially tonight with Bug having hit his head and you up worrying through the night. Just another day in the life of...

WE REALLY gotta' get together some time!! (((HUGS)))

Nett June 30, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

@chubskulit - returned the love! Thanks!

@Holly - I know that people get bummed by my posts sometimes, and it amazes me that you are always there to support! Thank you, thank you thank you!

And yes, we WILL get together! You HAVE to meet my little man.

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP