Well, that was curious.

>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I knew it. The Fates heard me. And they hate me.

I was getting Bug a drink from the fridge and he sort of, well, just, fell over. He grabbed at the counter and missed, which is unlike him, and ended up scraping his neck on the STUPID unpolished edges of the counter top but I was able to catch him. I held him, he was coherent and pissed. He smacked his legs and then grabbed his head and covered his eyes.

I thought: Stroke.

THIS is what you live with, everyday, when your child can't tell you what happened and when your child has Epilepsy. Every little thing, becomes a big thing. A guessing game, and sometimes an ER trip.

Not this time. I let him come around on his own, and he smiled. He had been grabbing his head this morning and so Megan and I BOTH decided he had a headache. I gave him Ibuprofen. So when he fell...it wasn't a complete shock but it was weird.

I checked his eyes, equal and reactive. No sign of Anisocoria, which has been VERY apparent after every seizure for the last month. So I am reluctant to say it was a seizure. I grabbed both his hands and stood him up. He seemed to have bilateral equal strength. I walked him to the couch...he walked well and we sat down with his drink. He sat on my lap and I grabbed the Doodle Pro. He spun the stylus with both hands equally well. He gave up on sitting on me after about 30 minutes and was back to messing things up.

So...what the hell was that?

3 comments:

falvesjr April 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Maybe he just slipped? Wet spot on the floor?

Nett April 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

Nope, he was on the same rug I was on. He literally just looked like he fell sideways for no reason. I wondered if it really had anything to do with the fluid in his ears. Maybe one is worse than the other and he had a bad case of room spins?

Nett April 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

After talking with a VERY sweet woman she suggested it could have been a Drop Seizure. I would have gone to that first but, he has had Drop's before and this didn't look like those did. Those ones, I hated them, he would stop in his tracks, zone out and then fall down. He wouldn't try to catch himself at all. His pupils would be dilated and when he came back, less than a minute later, he would just get up and continue doing what he was doing. When he changes types, he stays with that type for a few months, usually 4 - 6, and this was a one time thing.

I really am thinking that it may be his ears. Sigh. May 17th can't come soon enough!

Post a Comment

What a Seizure looks like (Graphic Content Included)

Loading...

Seizure Tracker.com

Seizure Tracker.com
Free online tools to provide people living with epilepsy and their doctors with a better understanding of the relationship between seizure activity and anti-epileptic medication dosages. Reports generated on SeizureTracker.com include detail graphing capabilities and are easily sharable with caregivers.

Diamond Potential Awareness Award

Diamond Potential Awareness Award
Thank you Holly at Diamond Potential for this award. Awareness leads to understanding and acceptance. And let's face it, we all need to feel accepted for who we are. The battle has just begun!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP